tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Apps to Instances Ratio
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:53:47 GMT
We're looking at moving some of our apps from WebLogic to Tomcat.  In
WebLogic, there's a pretty low ratio of apps to managed server--many of
our applications have their own managed server (each managed server is a
separate JVM).  Things are setup that way to allow our support teams
more freedom with the servers.  They can restart the server as needed
without having to coordinate with othe support teams or impact other
running applications.

In looking at Tomcat, one of the questions I've come across is: how
many apps should run in a Tomcat instance?  That said, I know that it
varies per situation, but I'm interested in what sort of guidelines
people typically use in determining how many apps to run on one
instance.

Thanks,
Kyle

_____

Kyle Adams | Java Developer  |  Gordon Food Service  |  616-717-6162