tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aziz Yacoub" <A...@decastar.com.au>
Subject RE: Error on Tomcat startup
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:54:23 GMT
Thanks,<servlet> tag in wrong order...

>>> "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com> 13/10/2004 10:55:19 pm >>>

Hi,
There should be a message in the (normal, not error) log like
"deploying
web application at /path" -- that's how you can tell what web.xml
caused
the error.

An alternative approach (which should be done anyways as a matter of
habit) is to independently (that is, outside of Tomcat) validate your
web.xml file using a tool like XMLSpy or one of the free online
alternatives.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

ion-
>config?,mime-mapping*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-e

nv-
>ref*,resource-ref*,security-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,en

v-
>entry*,ejb-ref*,ejb-local-ref*)".
>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app"
>must match
>"(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-
>param*,filter*,filter-mapping*,listener*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,sess

ion-
>config?,mime-mapping*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-e

nv-
>ref*,resource-ref*,security-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,en

v-
>entry*,ejb-ref*,ejb-local-ref*)".
> at
>org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unkn

own
>Source)
>etc

proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended only for the
printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an)
computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.