tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kurt Zhou <zho...@gmail.com>
Subject Can apache deal with static content in packed application(war,ear) with jk2 and jboss/tomcat
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:35:25 GMT
In jboss3.2.1-tomcat4.1.24 , deply a ear package usally cause  war
was deployed in a temporary  directory,and jsp will be compiled into a
temproray work directory. For this scenario,  can the images or static
html files be dealed with by Apache server?  For a unpacked web
application ,we can mapping the application path to apache path, for
examples images path in web application,and we can config our servlet
or jsp file to be dealed with by tomcat. But for a packed application,
is it useful?  How can we do the  mapping for the static content in a
packed application? or they are dealed with by tomcat and return the
result to apache, and then apache response  to the client response?

Thanks