tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shankar Unni <shankaru...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: Using XInclude in tomcat's config files
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 20:44:05 GMT
Shankar Unni wrote:

>> Haven't tried it, but have you set the:
>> org.xml.sax.parser=org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration
>
> Ah. No. Thanks for that clue. Let me go back at it..

Alas, that didn't help. I tried setting both org.xml.sax.parser and
org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration (the latter one
being the one described in the Xerces XInclude FAQ at
http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-xinclude.html) on the java command
line to "org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration", but
neither seems to have had the least effect.

The

     <xi:include href="../../../etc/tomcat/dbparams.xml"
                 xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude"/>

is completely ignored in my server.xml, and it is as if this directive
weren't even present. (The file contains a <ResourceParams> root element
for insertion into the <Context> that I've declared in server.xml).

Anything else I can try?