tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rai...@wonko.inow.com
Subject RE: [Possible bug?] Context configurations and .WAR deployment
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:29:58 GMT
Ok, sounds good.

One thing I noticed with the context.xml, is that it only seems to work
when it's packaged in a .war file.

However, in development, I am actually deploying a whole ROOT directory
directly, instead of a packaged .war file.  I noticed that when I just
copied a context.xml into webapps/ROOT/META-INF, tomcat does not seem to
generate a ROOT.xml file.

I guess for development I can copy context.xml as ROOT.xml directly into
the tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost.  And then package context.xml in the
.war file under META-INF for production.

Anyone know why it works this way, though?

Thank you,
-Raiden