tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel_Sa...@spe.sony.com
Subject Re: Tomcat Question - HELP
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 20:37:06 GMT
I did use it but it didn't shut it down so I had not choice.  I think
that's the other puzzle I need to solve.
Why it won't shut down gracefully.

Daniel Salud
(310)665-6583

"Robert F. Hall" <rfhall@berkeley.edu>
10/01/2004 12:26 PM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Tomcat Question - HELP

Daniel_Salud@spe.sony.com wrote:

>We actually replicated the issue and
>killing a tomcat PID, sometimes does not release the port it is listening

>to/or using. I killed the tomcat PID, clear port 8080 and make sure
>nothing else is using it or holding it and restarted tomcat with my rc2.d

>script that calls catalina.sh and it solved my issue.

Daniel,

Doesn't your Tomcat bin directory include a shutdown.sh script?  Why not
use that instead of
killing the PID?  I've never had an issue with port contention when
using shutdown.sh.

Robert