tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: Tomcat Question - HELP
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 20:37:06 GMT
I did use it but it didn't shut it down so I had not choice.  I think
that's the other puzzle I need to solve.
Why it won't shut down gracefully.

Daniel Salud

"Robert F. Hall" <>
10/01/2004 12:26 PM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     Tomcat Users List <>
        Subject:        Re: Tomcat Question - HELP wrote:

>We actually replicated the issue and
>killing a tomcat PID, sometimes does not release the port it is listening

>to/or using. I killed the tomcat PID, clear port 8080 and make sure
>nothing else is using it or holding it and restarted tomcat with my rc2.d

>script that calls and it solved my issue.

Doesn't your Tomcat bin directory include a script?  Why not
use that instead of
killing the PID?  I've never had an issue with port contention when

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: