tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shawn Church" <sh...@boxity.com>
Subject Servlet gateway to legacy cgi application
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:58:09 GMT
I am planning to migrate an old cgi (actually iSeries/AS/400 Net.DATA)
application to Java, but in the meantime I would like to create a
servlet-based gateway to the application, so that all requests are filtered
through this gateway prior to being forwarded to the cgi application.
Likewise, all responses should flow back through the servlet.

I would also like to use Apache as the web server.  I have no problem
integrating Apache and Tomcat, but I'm not sure of the best method of
sitting in front of the cgi app.

I am needing to do this to integrate security with other Java apps (running
on other servers), and it would be convenient if I could develop a "gateway"
app to filter requests to the cgi application.

I would appreciate some pointers on how to approach this.  I would prefer to
handle this in my own custom servlet, but if there is something already
built into Tomcat I would like to know about it.

Thanks,
Shawn