tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John MccLain" <jmccl...@tcshealthcare.com>
Subject Waiting for 1 instance(s) to be deallocated ????
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:40:27 GMT
These errors are coming out of the standard output of Tomcat after shutting
down due to code hanging.

INFO: Waiting for 1 instance(s) to be deallocated
Oct 19, 2004 9:17:10 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper unload
INFO: Waiting for 1 instance(s) to be deallocated
Oct 19, 2004 9:17:11 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper unload
INFO: Waiting for 1 instance(s) to be deallocated

concerning these errors:
What do they mean??? How do they occur???
Is there a way to control then???

I am getting the above errors when I call some JNI code from within a
servlet that is invoked via a jsp form submit.
The JNI code hangs.
HOWEVER, when I invoke the servlet from within the browser directly, the JNI
code does NOT hang. This implies to me that somehow what ever is causing the
above error messages is somehow tweeking with the JNI code space(or visa
versa). So,
once again, concerning the above errors:

What do they mean??? How do they occur???
Is there a way to control then???

John McClain
Senior Software Engineer
TCS Healthcare
jmcclain@tcshealthcare.com
(530)886-1700x235
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."