tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <Phillip....@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: Sun J2SE JVM + tomcat + Debian??
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:47:27 GMT
My config

Dual-cpu
Debian 3.0-woody
Kernel 2.4.x
Sun jdk 1.4.2_05
Tomcat 4.1.30
Apache 2.0.52

Our servers are running pretty well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Bowden [mailto:jeffb@vulcan.com]
Sent: October 13, 2004 4:34 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Sun J2SE JVM + tomcat + Debian??

Is anyone using tomcat on debian with a Sun JVM?  We've just
experimented with running it on bleeding edge Gentoo and Debian boxes as
well as a trailing edge Redhat 7.3 box.  Of the three, Debian is the
only one where things don't go quite right.  It sort of works but it
never spawns any threads and consquently doesn't perform very well on
our 4 cpu box.  We've gone over the configurations in these pretty
carefully and it doesn't seem to be a config issue.

We've tried all four combinations of j2se 1.4.2, j2se 1.5, tomcat4 and
tomcat5 always with the same result.  I also tried switching between
2.6.7 and 2.6.8 kernel.  I'm guessing it's a library issue, probably
libc, but I don't know how to tell.

I realize that this is the tomcat user list and not the Sun Java/Debian
support list so if you just want to tell me where to go I would be happy
with that :-)