tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <Phillip....@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: Can apache deal with static content in packed application(war ,ear) with jk2 and jboss/tomcat
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:08:34 GMT
Sure you can let Apache handle static files. Just setup httpd.conf.

The problem that I have is when I deploy ROOT application in Tomcat, Apache
is useless, any static files, cgi scripts etc. will be handled by Tomcat.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Zhou [mailto:zhouxc@gmail.com]
Sent: October 13, 2004 5:35 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Can apache deal with static content in packed application(war,ear)
with jk2 and jboss/tomcat

In jboss3.2.1-tomcat4.1.24 , deply a ear package usally cause  war
was deployed in a temporary  directory,and jsp will be compiled into a
temproray work directory. For this scenario,  can the images or static html
files be dealed with by Apache server?  For a unpacked web application ,we
can mapping the application path to apache path, for examples images path in
web application,and we can config our servlet or jsp file to be dealed with
by tomcat. But for a packed application, is it useful?  How can we do the
mapping for the static content in a packed application? or they are dealed
with by tomcat and return the result to apache, and then apache response  to
the client response?

Thanks