tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <Phillip....@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: connection pooling
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:29:09 GMT
Detail, detail, detail.

1. your context.xml
2. your web.xml
3. how do you obtain connection from pool, java code pls.
4. can you connect using pool
5. commons-pool version

Etc. etc.

You need to provide details otherwise we can't help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Wulff [mailto:ewulff@gmail.com]
Sent: October 6, 2004 5:09 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: connection pooling

Hi all, I have gone over some of the tomcat docs and googled errors but
there is SO much information covering JNDI and Datasources... and I'm hoping
I don't have to be a JNDI/Datasource and XML guru just to set up db
connections via connection pool.

My situation is this...

System:
Tomcat 5 on Fedora Core 2 connecting to a db on an Informix Dynamic Server
9.4 on Windows Server

-I am able to connect to my db via typical JDBC
DriverManager.getConnection(). -This leads me to believe that my jdbc driver
is in the correct place ...CATALINA