tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Rasmussen <robert.rasmus...@rocketsoftware.com>
Subject Trouble deploying with manager app when war includes context.xml
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:18:30 GMT
I have a webapp packaged as a war file.  In the war file's /META-INF
directory, I have a context.xml file.  If I drop this war file into
/webapps when autoDeploy is set to "true" for the host, the context.xml
file is correctly moved to $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/*.xml
and my app is correctly deployed.

If I take the same war file and try to deploy it using the manager
webapp, the context.xml file in META-INF is ignored.  The manager does
expand the war correctly in the webapps directory, and I can manually
move the context.xml to the correct place and the webapp runs.

I use a url like this to deploy:
http://foo.bar.com:8080/manager/deploy?path=/foo&war=jar:file:/var/
foo.war!/

When I use this URL, I get the message;  OK - Deployed application at
context path /foo.

I've tried appending &update=true to this url, but this just creates a
new context fragment in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost, not the
one from my war file.

Am I missing something?  The server I'm trying to deploy to is running
5.0.19, hopefully this isn't a problem because I'm not sure I'll be
allowed to upgrade.

Thanks,
Rob