tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: JNDI Resources in web.xml
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:58:02 GMT
The question is not 'DTD or schema'. The question is, 'does the 2.4
schema relax the order, and does Tomcat comply?'

-----Original Message-----
From: David Smith [mailto:dns4@cornell.edu]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 7:49 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: JNDI Resources in web.xml

Hi.

As I understand it from lurking on this list a very long time, servlet
spec 2.3 and earlier validated the web.xml file on a DTD.  DTDs require
the elements be in the right order and tomcat will throw an exception
when the webapp is deployed with elements out of order.  Servlet Spec
2.4 web.xml files are validated against a schema and don't suffer that
limitation.

--David