tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steffen Heil" <>
Subject AW: DefaultServlet
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 22:33:32 GMT

> But that makes the archives useless: for example any discussions
not-related to DefaultServlet don't belong in this thread.

Right now, I am just reading that single file...

> Have confidence in yourself and do your testing ;)  If your tests work,
we'll most likely trust you.  If they don't, you'll know and fix it

I will.
See my other post.

> There's the tomcat-dev list.

I will go there soon propably.

> There is a critical functional difference between the above two
approaches: one keep running if a single go within the loop fails, the other
one quits on the first failure.  There are use-cases for both, but they're
by no means identical in functionality, and so you can't simple interchange
the two.

Okay, I should have stated, that the inner catch-Block sets a variable to
quit the loop. So if an exception occurs inside, the loop is always left.

Usually I think such a little difference in speed is not so important,
however this is the most important inner loop of the DefaultServlet, which
servs every static file. This will add up to a lot of time.

View raw message