tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steffen Heil" <li...@steffen-heil.de>
Subject AW: Mod JK2 Mapping and SSL
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 23:22:24 GMT
Hi

If you have apache2 in front of it, you can create two different
virtualhosts with

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
  mount unsecure here
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443>
  mount secure here
</VirtualHost>

Regards,
  Steffen

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Scott Ahten [mailto:pixel@pixelfreak.net]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Oktober 2004 20:38
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Mod JK2 Mapping and SSL

I'm stumped. Perhaps someone here can point me in the right direction?

I have Apache 2 configured with domain based virtual hosting for several
domains. However, I need to forward secure and unsecured requests to
separate webapps for one of these domains.

Example:

HTTP://www.domain.com > /var/httpd/client/unsecure/

HTTPS://www.domain.com > /var/httpd/client/secure/

Apache2 is talking to Tomcat and HTTPS requests for a folder show a correct
directory listing, but direct requests for JSP pages are showing up as 404
errors from Tomcat. If I move these files to the unsecured document root,
they are processed as normal. I've successfully used this technique with
different subdomains (secure.domain.com vs www.domain.com) , but in this
case the secure and unsecure subdomains are the same (both www.domain.com).

My problem is indicating that port 443 traffic should go to a different host
in Tomcat, even though the domain signature is the same. I've tried adding a
"port" attribute to the host element in server.xml, but it's not documented
and does not work.

Here are relevant parts of my workers2.properties and server.xml files

Thanks in advance,

- Scott

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

# workers2.properties
# define the worker
[ajp13:/usr/local/tomcat/work/jk2.socket]
channel=channel.un:/opt/tomcat/work/jk2.socket
#
# Client X Apache > Tomcat
#

#Uri mapping : domain.com
[uri:domain.com:80/*.jsp]

#Uri mapping :www.domain.com
[uri:www.domain.com:80/*.jsp]

#Uri mapping :staging.domain.com
[uri:staging.domain.com:80/*.jsp]

#Uri mapping :www.domain.com
[uri:www.domain.com:443/*.jsp]

- - - - - - Server.xml - - - - - - -
</Host>
       <Host appBase="/var/httpd/client/unsecure/" debug="1"
name="domain.com" port="80">
       <Alias>www.domain.com</Alias>
       <Alias>staging.domain.com</Alias>
	<Context path="" docBase="" debug="1">
	</Context>
</Host>

</Host>
       <Host appBase="/var/httpd/client/secure/" debug="1"
name="www.domain.com" port="443">
	<Context path="" docBase="" debug="1">
	</Context>
</Host>