tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Ahten <pi...@pixelfreak.net>
Subject Mod JK2 Mapping and SSL
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 18:37:51 GMT
I'm stumped. Perhaps someone here can point me in the right direction?

I have Apache 2 configured with domain based virtual hosting for
several domains. However, I need to forward secure and unsecured
requests to separate webapps for one of these domains.

Example:

HTTP://www.domain.com > /var/httpd/client/unsecure/

HTTPS://www.domain.com > /var/httpd/client/secure/

Apache2 is talking to Tomcat and HTTPS requests for a folder show a
correct directory listing, but direct requests for JSP pages are
showing up as 404 errors from Tomcat. If I move these files to the
unsecured document root, they are processed as normal. I've
successfully used this technique with different subdomains
(secure.domain.com vs www.domain.com) , but in this case the secure and
unsecure subdomains are the same (both www.domain.com).

My problem is indicating that port 443 traffic should go to a different
host in Tomcat, even though the domain signature is the same. I've
tried adding a "port" attribute to the host element in server.xml, but
it's not documented and does not work.

Here are relevant parts of my workers2.properties and server.xml files

Thanks in advance,

- Scott

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

# workers2.properties
# define the worker
[ajp13:/usr/local/tomcat/work/jk2.socket]
channel=channel.un:/opt/tomcat/work/jk2.socket
#
# Client X Apache > Tomcat
#

#Uri mapping : domain.com
[uri:domain.com:80/*.jsp]

#Uri mapping :www.domain.com
[uri:www.domain.com:80/*.jsp]

#Uri mapping :staging.domain.com
[uri:staging.domain.com:80/*.jsp]

#Uri mapping :www.domain.com
[uri:www.domain.com:443/*.jsp]

- - - - - - Server.xml - - - - - - -
</Host>
       <Host appBase="/var/httpd/client/unsecure/" debug="1"
name="domain.com" port="80">
       <Alias>www.domain.com</Alias>
       <Alias>staging.domain.com</Alias>
	<Context path="" docBase="" debug="1">
	</Context>
</Host>

</Host>
       <Host appBase="/var/httpd/client/secure/" debug="1"
name="www.domain.com" port="443">
	<Context path="" docBase="" debug="1">
	</Context>
</Host>