tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Ward" <cw...@horizon-asset.co.uk>
Subject RE: Form Based Authentication with Cookies?
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:59:49 GMT
Chris,

For what it's worth, I spent ages trying to get a remember-me
login thing going "out of the box" but never managed it.

In the end I implemented my own user/role setup and use a
Filter to ensure the user is logged in when accessing servlets/
JSPs with specifice URL paths.  The login page sets cookies to
do the "remembering".

If you get your's going (I'm now on Tomcat 5.0.28, maybe there's
something new) I'd be interested in the details.

Good luck.

Best regards
Chris

--

Chris Ward, Horizon Asset Limited
<mailto:cward@horizon-asset.co.uk>

--

THIS E-MAIL MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION.
IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT (OR HAVE RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL

         HORIZON ASSET LIMITED IS AUTHORISED AND REGULATED
                BY THE FINANCIAL SERVICES AUTHORITY.