tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jérôme BATON <jerome.ba...@igc-erp.com>
Subject Adding DataSources to a specific webapp context using MBeanServer
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:55:16 GMT

Hi all,

My goal is to dynamically add DataSources to the context of a specific webapp.

To do this, I wrote a struts plugin which reads a properties file.

I've looked at the admin webapp for the JMX/MBeanServer code, I used the code in class SaveDataSourceAction.
And it works fine _only if_ I choose "Global" (ResourceUtils.GLOBAL_TYPE) as parameter and
not when I use "Context" (ResourceUtils.CONTEXT_TYPE) in the following code fragment.

oname = new ObjectName( domain + ResourceUtils.RESOURCE_TYPE + ResourceUtils.GLOBAL_TYPE +
",class=" + params[1] +
                                            ",name=" + params[0]);

I used the same parameters as those seen from the running admin webapp but I get a javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException.

javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: MBeanServer cannot find MBean
with ObjectName Catalina:type=NamingResources,resourcetype=Context,path=/struts-arch,host=localhost
        at mx4j.server.MBeanServerImpl.findMBeanMetaData(MBeanServerImpl.java:528)
        at mx4j.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1351)
        at igc.arch.action.plugin.DBPropertiesToContextPlugin.ajouteDataSource(DBPropertiesToContextPlugin.java:236)
        at igc.arch.action.plugin.DBPropertiesToContextPlugin.init(DBPropertiesToContextPlugin.java:108)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServlet.java:1158)

I run Tomcat 5.0. on an xp pro box

Thanks a lot

Jerome