tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Manager App and .war META-INF context.xml problem
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:49:59 GMT

Hi,
Thank you for posting your findings.  It'll be useful for future users
who bother to search the archives.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

252)

>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.digester.SetNextRule.end(SetNextRule.java:256)
>>        at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.end(Rule.java:276)
>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1058)
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.util.CatalinaDigester.endElement(CatalinaDigester.j
ava:
>76)
>>
>>        at
>> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown
Source)
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Un
know
>> Source)
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDi
spat
>cher.dispatch(Unknown
>> Source)
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unkn
own
>> Source)
>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
>> Source)
>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
>> Source)
>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
>> Source)
>>        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1567)
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeplo
yer.
>java:585)
>>
>>        at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:897)
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.deploy(ManagerServlet.java:8
50)

>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.deployInternal(HTMLManag
erSe
>rvlet.java:271)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doGet(HTMLManagerServlet
.jav
>a:95)
>>
>>        at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>>        at
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applic
atio
>nFilterChain.java:237)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFil
terC
>hain.java:157)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperVal
ve.j
>ava:214)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>xt.java:104)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
520)

>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardCo
ntex
>tValve.java:198)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextVal
ve.j
>ava:152)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>xt.java:104)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authenticato
rBas
>e.java:540)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>xt.java:102)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
520)

>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.jav
a:13
>7)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>xt.java:104)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.jav
a:11
>7)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>xt.java:102)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
520)

>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve
.jav
>a:109)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>xt.java:104)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
520)

>>        at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
>>        at

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:7
99)

>>        at
>>
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process
Conn
>ection(Http11Protocol.java:70
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:5
77)

>>        at
>>
>org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPoo
l.ja
>va:683)

>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Context path /siemens is
>> already in use
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.addChild(StandardHostDepl
oyer
>.java:896)
>>
>>        ... 51 more
>> 24.10.2004 18:02:01 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase log
>> INFO: Removing web application at context path /siemens
>> 24.10.2004 18:02:10 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer
install
>> INFO: Installing web application from URL
>> jar:file:/E:/dev/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/webapps/siemens.war!/
>> 24.10.2004 18:02:10 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer
install
>> INFO: Processing Context configuration file URL
>> jar:file:/E:/dev/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/webapps/siemens.war!/META-IN
>> text.xml
>> 24.10.2004 18:02:11 org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
>> applicationConfig
>> INFO: Missing application web.xml, using defaults only
>> StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardCon
>> /siemens]
>> 24.10.2004 18:02:11 org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry
registerComponent
> [...]
>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory$2.run(LogFactory.java:579)
>>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:517)
>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getFactory(LogFactory.java:254)
>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:351)
>>        at
>> org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase.<init>(ManagerBase.java:63)
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.<init>(StandardManager.java
:64)

>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.managerConfig(ContextConfig.j

org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:635)
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.
java
>:216)
>>
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleS
uppo
>rt.java:119)
>>
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4290
)
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.j
ava:
>823)
>>
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
>>        at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
>>        at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.addChild(StandardHostDepl
oyer
>.java:903)
>>
>>        ... 51 more
>> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4jFactory
>>        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:199)
>>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
>>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
>>        at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
>>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
>>        at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)