tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Manager roles
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:18:43 GMT

Hi,

>Hi, I would like to be able to limit the access in Tomcat manager. I
>would like to be able to setup a user account that is able to start,
>stop and remove the examples application, but only the example
>application. The problem is that when I give a user the role manager
>they have access to shutdown and start all the other application. How
>would I set it up so that they can only use the commands for the app
>they are responsible for?

Here's one idea.  The Manager webapp is designed to manage all apps in
one Host, for better or worse.  So if you want to have it manage only
one app, put that app AND the Manager webapp (or a copy of it) in that
Host.  That means defining multiple Hosts in server.xml, each with its
own appBase, and moving your webapps around as needed.  It's not a big
deal, doesn't require any coding.

Yoav