tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: tomcat startup processing
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:10:41 GMT

Hi,

>is there away to have a jsp or something run some code on startup or to
>have
>it cache some data results so that I dont have to keep on going to the
>database each time the page is loaded.

The best place for this is usually a ServletContextListener.
Alternatives including a static initializer block and a Servlet's init
method.  Try not to use approaches that are implementation specific like
the Struts one, because generic alternatives do exist and don't tie you
to a specific product.

Yoav