tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Waiting for 1 instance(s) to be deallocated ????
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:14:20 GMT

Hi,

>INFO: Waiting for 1 instance(s) to be deallocated
>Oct 19, 2004 9:17:10 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper unload
>INFO: Waiting for 1 instance(s) to be deallocated
>Oct 19, 2004 9:17:11 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper unload
>INFO: Waiting for 1 instance(s) to be deallocated
>
>concerning these errors:
>What do they mean??? How do they occur???

As the messages indicate, they're not errors but informational messages.
However, you're right to be suspicious.

The message is output when Tomcat wants to de-allocate a servlet
instance (your servlets are wrapped by a StandardWrapper by default),
after its been destroyed typically.

>Is there a way to control then???

No.  Of course you can configure the logging so that INFO-level messages
don't show up, but you can't control the process that creates these
messages, which is the process that creates/destroys servlet instances.

>I am getting the above errors when I call some JNI code from within a

Ahh, JNI.  Thank god I haven't had to work with that beast for a few
years now.  Good luck,

Yoav