tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Classloader / oracle JDBC
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:39:34 GMT

Hi,
Tomcat itself contains no Oracle-proprietary bits, nor any special
handling of GBL files.

Where is orai18n.jar located?  It should be alongside the ojdbc14.jar
(assuming that's what you're using) so it's loaded by the same
classloader.

I see you have a fairly complex deployment, with Axis running and
relying on the Oracle data catalog.  So naturally, my next question is
if you can reproduce the error under simpler circumstances, e.g. in a
command-line program or a simple servlet.

Finally, although you've already done this probably, I'd suggest looking
online: there are a number of good Oracle configuration references.
Chances are you're missing a simple configuration step somewhere along
the way.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

2
>92)
>        at
>oracle.jpub.runtime.MutableStruct.getDatumAttributes(MutableStruct.java
:
>311)
>        at
>oracle.jpub.runtime.MutableStruct.toDatum(MutableStruct.java:109)
>        at
>org.glite.data.catalog.service.database.principalTokenFAS.toDatum(princ
>palTokenFAS.java:43)
>        at
>oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setORADataInternal(OraclePre
>aredStatement.java:7112)
>        at
>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleCallableStatement.setORAData(OracleCallableSta
>ement.java:4522)
>        at
>org.glite.data.catalog.service.database.OraReplicaCatalog.setdefaultuse
>permission(OraReplicaCatalog.java:791)
>        at
>org.glite.data.catalog.service.replica.ReplicaCatalogSoapBindingImpl.se
>DefaultUserPermission(ReplicaCatalogSoapBindingImpl.java:628)
>        at
>org.glite.data.catalog.service.replica.ReplicaCatalogSoapBindingSkeleto
>.setDefaultUserPermission(ReplicaCatalogSoapBindingSkeleton.java:493)
>        at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.ja
>a:39)
>        at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccesso
>Impl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>        at
>org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.jav
>:402)
>        at
>org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.j
>va:309)
>        at
>org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:33
3
>)
>        at
>org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.
>ava:71)
>        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
>        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:120)
>        at
>org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:481)
>        at
org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:323)
5