tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: DataSourceRealm vs. Administration Tool - A bug?
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:22:14 GMT

Hi,
Thank you for posting your solutions -- hopefully others find it useful.

>Surely if this is not fixed in Tocmat 4.1.31 it should be considered as
>fix necessary for 4.1.32 (when does the 4.1.x line end?).

See, this exactly was why I didn't want a 4.1.31 release.  For the vast
majority of Tomcat developers, the 4.1.x line "ended" a long time ago.
But recently a couple of committers wanted to do a 4.1.31 maintenance
release.  I and others argued against it, but we lost mostly due to a
procedural constraint in how the ASF operates.

So now you have the 4.1.31 release, and the perception that the 4.1 line
is active.  It's not.  Anyone who can should upgrade to 5.0 ASAP.  This
has been the message for a while, and it continues to be the message
now.  As you see, no one else answered this thread except me, and I only
answered to this effect, not helping you with the actual problem
(because I don't know the answer and I don't have time to waste on 4.1,
but thankfully you've solved it yourself by now).

Yoav