tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Listeners
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:04:53 GMT

Hi,

>I have the listener declared in web.xml before the servlet declaration
and
>looks like
>
>  <listener>
>    <listener-class> com.mbresearch.foo.FooListener</listener-class>
>  </listener>
>
>  <servlet>
>
>com.mbresearch.foo.FooListener is in the WEB-INF/classes directory.

Your web.xml looks fine.  Your listener doesn't actually have to
implement any of the Servlet Spec's listener interfaces (but of course
then it's a fairly useless class ;)).  However, I want to make sure your
listener class can be found. The FooListener.class file should be in
WEB-INF/classes/com/mbresearch/foo directory, and have "package
com.mbresearch.foo;" as its top line.  It should also be readable to the
server user.

Yoav