tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Error on Tomcat startup
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:55:19 GMT

Hi,
There should be a message in the (normal, not error) log like "deploying
web application at /path" -- that's how you can tell what web.xml caused
the error.

An alternative approach (which should be done anyways as a matter of
habit) is to independently (that is, outside of Tomcat) validate your
web.xml file using a tool like XMLSpy or one of the free online
alternatives.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com