tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Apache Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.3-alpha Released
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:26:40 GMT

Hi,

>The tomcat5.exe and tomcat5w.exe seem to be missing from 5.5.3.  They
exist
>in
>5.5.2.  Might need to release 5.5.4.

These are present in the .exe download only, by design.  One of our
goals with 5.5 is to reduce download size, and while these two files by
themselves aren't much, overall we've made great progress in this area.
We also hope to make it easier for new users by not including a ton of
stuff they don't necessarily need.

Regardless, 5.5.4 will be coming fairly soon, and even sooner (most
likely today) will come a one-class, non-essential hotfix to 5.5.3.

Yoav