tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: servlet deployed, but Tomcat provides .war file for download only
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:19:54 GMT

Hi,

>Actually i used the launcher, 'cause the .bat script has some errors
>while calling javac (I haven't tried to fix this yet).

Address those before going further.  You should be able to launch Tomcat
using startup.bat on Windows out of the box.  If not, something serious
is wrong.

>There is, as follows an XML parser error in the stdout.log file
>
>instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.
>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The processing instruction target

You have one messed-up configuration ;)  I'm assuming that the examples
and other default web applications that ship with Tomcat are not
working?  It's not just your webapp or just your servlet.

Yoav