tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: servlet deployed, but Tomcat provides .war file for download only
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:57:35 GMT

How about starting with the simplest approach: forget the manager,
forget Ant.  Do a clean Tomcat installation.  Copy your webapp into the
webapps folder (not as a WAR file, just the unpacked directory
structure).  Start the server.  That's it.

Your web.xml looks fine.  It's always a good idea to validate it using a
tool like XMLSpy (there are free alternatives online as well) if you're
unsure that it's valid.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

View raw message