tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 5.x windows installer
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:08:03 GMT

Hi,

>My reason for preferring the installer over the zip is that - when it
>works - I can do a faily painless upgrade by uninstalling leaving the
>webapps etc alone and reinstalling an upgrade version to the same
>directory. This is not so easy using the zip distribution.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

It's funny -- I prefer using the .zip versions because I think their
upgrade process is much easier than the services'.  Simply install new
zip to different $CATALINA_HOME directory, and copy over webapps.  This
might have to do with me not trusting the Windows registry as much as I
do the filesystem, though ;)

Yoav