tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: ServletException not wrapping cause correctly
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:00:21 GMT

Hi,

>Sorry Yoav, but I'm not clear on why JSR154 is the place - I'd be
grateful
>if you could explain a little more please :)  Are you saying that the
>problem is that the spec is wrong, rather than that there is a bug in
>implementing it?  Or maybe that the code for ServletException is
written by
>that team rather than the Tomcat team?

The latter: it's not our implementation.  I'm not saying the Spec is
wrong either.  This is just a nice-to-have, at most.

>Also, I as looking for views from list members on whether this is
actually
>bug or not ..... :)

It can't be a bug, because there's nothing broken.  At most, it's an
inconsistency and therefore an enhancement request.  And because that
code is managed and written by the JSR 154 team (even though it's in our
CVS repository, we don't even have commit privileges to it), the
discussion should take place with them.

Yoav