tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject [ANN] Tomcat 5.5.3 Hotfix available
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:28:07 GMT

The Apache Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.3-alpha release contains a small bug that
affects JSP Specification implicit-object compliance.  The bug is
discussed a bit in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=109709836522839&w=2.

For those of you who are using 5.5.3-alpha AND are affected by this bug
AND can't wait for 5.5.4 (which is probably about a week away), we've
made a hotfix available.  It's a zip file containing one class
(org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper) that should be unzipped to
the $CATALINA_HOME directory of your Tomcat installation.

The hotfix is available on the normal binaries download page for 5.5.3:
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.5.3/bin/.  It will be
picked up by the mirrors as the day goes on.

This is a minor issue, and we expect its impact to be negligible.  It
doesn't affect any Tomcat 3.x, 4.x, 5.0.x releases, so users of those
releases should just ignore this message ;)

Thanks,

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics