tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <Matt.D...@beCogent.com>
Subject RE: Session problems with cluster
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:38:56 GMT

Yes i'm pretty sure this will be done by the session manager. You can disable this behaviour
though. Have a look at http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/manager.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Stone [mailto:mstone@bidnask.com]
Sent: 18 October 2004 23:52
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Session problems with cluster

Matt,

No other nodes are up, so there's nothing to serialize. I could imagine that the session of
the old context could be serialized to the new context in order to preserve state, although
hope this isn't done.

Thanks,
Matthew

"Dale, Matt" wrote:

> Surely when you restart the context all the sessions will get serialised then reloaded
so I would expect this behaviour. You would have to set the cluster to dump sessions on a
reload.