tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <>
Subject RE: Session problems with cluster
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:56:11 GMT

Surely when you restart the context all the sessions will get serialised then reloaded so
I would expect this behaviour. You would have to set the cluster to dump sessions on a reload.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Stone []
Sent: 18 October 2004 20:09
Subject: Session problems with cluster

When I restart the context of a clustered node the session doesnt seem
to be cleared.  After I restart the context, I'm expecting a null from
the following line but I'm getting a ClassCastException because of the
different class loaders that loaded MyObject.

MyObject obj = (MyObject) request.getSession ().getAttribute

I'm using 5.0.25 because I was running into bug 31495 "Context reload
causes ClusterManager to stop operating" in version 5.0.28.

Does 5.0.29 address this?  I didn't see that the bug was closed.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message