tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <Matt.D...@beCogent.com>
Subject RE: Multiple instance for each users
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:19:25 GMT

Yes this is possible, you just need to run tomcat on different ports from the standard. You'll
need to move the http port (8080), the connector port (8009) and the shutdown port (8005).
I think that might be it unless you use SSL. Our convention is to add 100 for each other tomcat,
ie 8180,8109 and 8105, then 8280,8209 and 8205 etc.

Ta
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajasekar [mailto:raj@intelesoftech.com]
Sent: 07 October 2004 11:15
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Multiple instance for each users

Hi,

I am new to tomcat.  I have installed tomcat4 + apache + postgresql  on
linux 9.0. But one of my user wants to restart the tomcat service and
database, other users must have to wait until it restart. So all work
has been affected.   Now I my plan is to implement the tomcat for each
user, it is possible in linux? I think any one of the tomcat users work
with the same issues. Please give me a solutions.

Regards

Raj