tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Olve Hansen <olv...@gmail.com>
Subject realms: authentication against a web service?
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:36:37 GMT
Is this possible?

I have to investigate the possibility of integrating two systems,
where users authenticate themselves against our webapp, and the webapp
checks their credentials against a web service in the background..

Do I have to make my own JAAS realm, which in turn authenticates
against a web service?
Or are there libraries that eases this integration?

Although I am a fairly competent java-developer, I have never
developed against a web services before, so if this is fairly easy,
please bear with me, and point me in the right direction. :-)

Hope someone can help...
Thanks

--
 \ Olve S. Hansen