tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tom...@stormsi.com
Subject New to list -Mod_JK2 question-
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:17:41 GMT
Hello,

Im new to this list so feel free to slap me around if needed.

I have setup multiple jvms using apache 2 and mod_jk2, despite the lousy
mod_jk2 documentation.  What I have found is that it seems with mod_jk2
that you have to map EVERYTHING, every extension etc, and all webapps in
the workers2.properties.

This seems to be a bit of an overkill. I do:
[uri:domain.com:80/*]
group=ajp13:name

I also have to do this to include www:
[uri:www.domain.com:80/*]
group=ajp13:name

Now the jsp will work but non of the image do either hence uris for *.gif,
*.jpg and *.png

Then if person using dedicated jvm wants new webapp, they need to add
context in server.xml, restart their tomcat. Still doesnt work until I add
to workers2:
[uri:domain.com:80/webapp/*]
context=/webapp
group=ajp13:name

[uri:www.domain.com:80/webapp/*]
context=/webapp
group=ajp13:name

Theres got to be easier way to do this, Never had to bother with
workers.properties so much using mod_jk.

Am I Missing something?

Thanks!

John