tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pawson, David" <David.Paw...@rnib.org.uk>
Subject RE: Using XInclude in tomcat's config files
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 07:32:14 GMT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Shankar Unni
    Sent: 01 October 2004 21:44

    Alas, that didn't help. I tried setting both
    org.xml.sax.parser and
    org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration (the
    latter one being the one described in the Xerces XInclude FAQ at
    http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-xinclude.html) on the
    java command line to
    "org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration",
    but neither seems to have had the least effect.

    The

         <xi:include href="../../../etc/tomcat/dbparams.xml"
                     xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude"/>

    is completely ignored in my server.xml, and it is as if
    this directive weren't even present. (The file contains a
    <ResourceParams> root element for insertion into the
    <Context> that I've declared in server.xml).

    Anything else I can try?

Try an entity instead of xinclude? Not many parsers are good
for xinclude as yet (a mainly uninformed statement). Entity
resolution is easier if the parser is setup correctly.

I'm not familiar with xinlude, but are you OK to use relative
url's in the href attribute? Does it need a file:// protocol?

HTH DaveP.

--
DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.