tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Ahten <pi...@pixelfreak.net>
Subject Re: AW: Mod JK2 Mapping and SSL
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:23:48 GMT
I've found an example of mapping directly in http.conf, but it still
appears to be ambiguous as to which host is targeted in Tomcat.

# domain.com
<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
	ServerAlias www
        <Location "/*.jsp">
         JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
     </Location>
</VirtualHost>

# domain.com - SSL
<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443>
    ServerName www.domain.com
     <Location "/*.jsp">
         JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
     </Location>    ...
</VirtualHost>

I think the issue is that  host elements in Tomcat don't specify which
port they listen to. Since they are both have the same domain signature
(www.host.com), Tomcat can't tell them apart and routes them to the
same host / webapp.

Is there any way to differentiate these requests so Tomcat can tell
them apart? Perhaps setting up a second engine or service?

- Scott

On Oct 7, 2004, at 11:20 AM, Scott Ahten wrote:

>> <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443>
>>   mount secure here
>> </VirtualHost>

- -