tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: JNDI Resources in web.xml
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:49:05 GMT
Hi.

As I understand it from lurking on this list a very long time, servlet
spec 2.3 and earlier validated the web.xml file on a DTD.  DTDs require
the elements be in the right order and tomcat will throw an exception
when the webapp is deployed with elements out of order.  Servlet Spec
2.4 web.xml files are validated against a schema and don't suffer that
limitation.

--David