tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: Apache, Tomcat and mod_jk2 - question about layout
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 05:48:12 GMT
Allen Williams wrote:
> Second request:
>
> Would you post what you did to integrate the two?  I've followed all the
> "clues" on both apache and tomcat websites, which is exactly what it says in
> three books I've got, and I still get a "File Not Found" error from apache
> when I go to the dynamic content.
>
> Is there some reference and description of the parameters and values for the
> workers.properties, jk2.properties, and httpd.conf files?  Although the
> Jakarta website has some of this, the examples showing the parameters being
> used are pretty sparse.  What does JkMount do?  I can't find this documented
> anywhere.
>
> I assure you, I've spent DAYS on the websites, in the books, and looking for
> documentation whereever I can find it.

First of all, enable "mod_status" and "mod_info", those can help a lot,
when you're in doubt. Second, one of the more common pitfalls, VHost on
Tomcat and Apache MUST MATCH!

Here is my config:

${HTTPD_CONF}/vhosts/www.elektrovojvodina.co.yu-vhost.conf
--------------
<VirtualHost 195.252.123.226:80>
     ServerName          www.elektrovojvodina.co.yu
     ServerAdmin         Nikola.Milutinovic@ev.co.yu
     DocumentRoot        /home/www/public_html
     ErrorLog            /home/www/logs/error.log
     CustomLog           /home/www/logs/access.log common
     <IfModule mod_alias.c>
         ScriptAlias	/cgi-bin	/home/www/cgi-bin
         Alias		/htdig		/usr/share/htdig
     </IfModule>

     <IfModule mod_jk2.c>
         #
         # Restrict access to JK status handler
         #
         <Location "/jkstatus/">
             Order Deny,Allow
             Deny from all
             Allow from 127.0.0.1
         </Location>

         #
         # Restrict access to JBoss JMX console
         #
         <Location "/jmx-console/">
             Order Deny,Allow
             Deny from all
             Allow from 127.0.0.1
         </Location>

         #
         # Set our (SETLD) location of workers file
         #
         JkSet config.file /usr/opt/JK2-2.0.4/config/workers2.properties

         # This should go in host settings, be it virtual or global
         # It can also go into "workers2.properties" file in the [uri]
         # sections (a more proper place, IMHO - Nix)
         #
         #<Location /path>
         #       JkUriSet    worker  ajp13:unixsock
         #</Location>
     </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>
--------------

jk2.config
----------
#
# Environment
#
jkHome=Jk2-2.0.4
jkUSR=/usr/opt/${jkHome}
jkVAR=/var/opt/${jkHome}

# Set the desired handler list
# handler.list=apr,request,channelJni
# handler.list=apr,request,channelSocket
handler.list=apr,request,channelUnix

#
# APR
#
apr.NativeSo=${jkUSR}/module/jkjni.so
apr.baseDir=${jkVAR}
apr.aprHome=/usr/opt/Apache-2.0.50-W
apr.soExt=so

#
# TCP/IP Socket Channel
#
channelSocket.port=8009
channelSocket.address=127.0.0.1
channelSocket.maxPort=port+10
channelSocket.maxThreads=50
# channelSocket.backLog=
# channelSocket.tcpNoDelay=
# channelSocket.soTimeout=
# channelSocket.soLinger=
# channelSocket.serverTimeout=

#
# UNIX file socket channel
#
channelUnix.file=${jkVAR}/channels/jk2.sock

#
# JNI inprocess channel
#

#
# JMX handler
#
mx4j.port=-1

#
# Shared Memory handler
#
shm.file=${jkVAR}/channels/jk2.shm
shm.host=localhost
shm.port=8009
shm.unixSocket=${jkVAR}/channels/jk2.sock

#
# Request handler
#
request.tomcatAuthentication=true
# request.ajpidDir=
# request.decodedUri=
# request.secret=
# request.useSecret=
----------

workers2.properties
-------------------
#
# Logger level can be EMERG, ERROR, INFO, DEBUG
#
[logger]
level=INFO

[logger.file:0]
level=INFO
file=/var/opt/Jk2-2.0.4/logs/mod_jk2.log

[config:]
#
# file=${serverRoot}/conf/workers2.properties
debug=0
debugEnv=0

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
debug=0

# [shm:]
# info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with
multiprocess servers
# file=/var/opt/Jk2-2.0.4/channels/jk2.shm
# size=1000000
# debug=0
# disabled=0

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=0

#==========================================================#
#                                                          #
# CHANNELS (physical means of sending to Tomcat instances) #
#                                                          #
#==========================================================#

# [channel.socket:localhost:8009]
# info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
# debug=0
# tomcatId=localhost:8009

# [channel.socket:localhost:8809]
# info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket to JBoss/Jetty
# debug=0
# tomcatId=localhost:8809

# [channel.socket:localhost:8019]
# info=A second tomcat instance.
# debug=0
# tomcatId=localhost:8019
# lb_factor=1
# group=lb
# group=lb_1
# disabled=0

[channel.un:unixsock]
info=A second channel connecting to localhost:8019 via unix socket
file=/var/opt/Jk2-2.0.4/channels/jk2.sock
lb_factor=1
debug=0

#===============================================#
#                                               #
# Workers (these accept requests from URI maps) #
#                                               #
#===============================================#

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime information

[ajp13:unixsock]
info=Default AJP 1.3 worker
channel=channel.un:unixsock
# secretkey=
# tomcatId=
# route=
# group=
# level=
# max_connections=0
# connectTimeout=0
# replyTimeout=0
# prepostTimeout=0

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
group=status:

[uri:www.elektrovojvodina.co.yu/racun]
info=Consumer's bill
group=ajp13:unixsock