tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Fischer ...@bb-sw.de>
Subject Re: Problems wth Apache, mod_jk2 and Tomcat
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 06:43:53 GMT

Hi,
this seems also to be a problem in mod_jk , tomcat4.1.10, apache 1.3 on
a linux server however it does build up slowly over the day.
The problem seems to be that the connection via mod_jk (Port 8009) does
not close, so the java/tomcat processes
will not quit after responding to the request (or the other way
around?). This problem occurs only in
heavy load situations. After that I see many open socket connections an
some tomcat processes that will not quit.

Snapshot of the logfiles:

tomcat / catalina.out:
Failed to authentice as null
Error number: 50

tomcat / catalna_log:
2004-10-22 08:52:29 Ajp13Processor[8009][358] Starting background thread
2004-10-22 08:52:34 Ajp13Processor[8009][359] Starting background thread
2004-10-22 08:52:34 Ajp13Connector[8009] No processor available,
rejecting this connection
2004-10-22 08:52:34 Ajp13Connector[8009] No processor available,
rejecting this connection

apache / mod_jk
[Fri Oct 22 08:52:34 2004]  [jk_ajp_common.c (738)]: ERROR: can't
receive the response message from tomcat, network problems or tomcat is
down. err=-104
[Fri Oct 22 08:52:34 2004]  [jk_ajp_common.c (1137)]: Error reading
reply from tomcat. Tomcat is down or network problems.

Is this a mod_jk problem not closing the connections or a tomcat problem
not telling mod_jk that it's finished or a system problem not
releasing the sockets ?

Thanks for any ideas...
Chris