tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Mennini <and...@mennini.org>
Subject Unable to find a javac compiler error
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:38:07 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to run this silly hello.jsp, just to be sure tomcat 5.0.28 is
running under win2k:

=======
<!--
Simple HTML file to test server setup and configuration.

Taken from More Servlets and JavaServer Pages
from Prentice Hall and Sun Microsystems Press,
http://www.moreservlets.com/.
(C) 2002 Marty Hall; may be freely used or adapted.
-->
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>JSP Test</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FDF5E6">
<H1>JSP Test</H1>
Time: <%= new java.util.Date() %>
</BODY>
</HTML>
=======

When I run it, I receive a message like this one:

=======
Unable to find a javac compiler;

com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

=======

I've got a command line and typed %JAVA_HOME%\bin\javac, and javac is run.

What am I doing wrong?

TIA

--

Andrea