tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Mennini <>
Subject Unable to find a javac compiler error
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:38:07 GMT

I'm trying to run this silly hello.jsp, just to be sure tomcat 5.0.28 is
running under win2k:

Simple HTML file to test server setup and configuration.
Taken from More Servlets and JavaServer Pages
from Prentice Hall and Sun Microsystems Press,
(C) 2002 Marty Hall; may be freely used or adapted.
<H1>JSP Test</H1>
Time: <%= new java.util.Date() %>

When I run it, I receive a message like this one:

Unable to find a javac compiler; is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

I've got a command line and typed %JAVA_HOME%\bin\javac, and javac is run.

What am I doing wrong?

Registered Linux User #24583

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: