tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Wilson" <jnwil...@dallas.photronics.com>
Subject Re: reloading JSP files without reloading classes/beans
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:29:56 GMT
Bob, thanks for all the good pointers. This is just the information
about web-app development I've been needing but didn't know how to
find(or what to look for). I've played with ANT a bit before, but I
didn't know there was an applet to do the deployment for me(is that
process portable to diff web-app servers?).

I've got the same problem with session retention after a reload(if
contexts' reloadable="true" that is) - and it sounds like it will still
be a problem after I upgrade my development practices and start using
WARs. Since you seem like a free thinker :) do you have any ideas on a
solution for that problem? I was researching load-balancing Monday and
came across a solution that mentioned sessions were retained on a
different instance of tomcat(but were accessible to all, somehow - too
much for me to digest); perhaps that will provide a path? Here's the
link: http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/04/14/clustering.html

Regards,
  JW