tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robin Curts <rcu...@robincurts.com>
Subject Re: Issue getting Context inside a servlet
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:56:16 GMT
Well I have some files that I want to have available to the web
application (properties file, some serialized objects).  My first
attempt was to add -Dhomedir=/path/to/some/directory when I started
tomcat -- but that doesn't seem correct.  So then I wanted to get the
path to the WEB-INF directory and put everything into there.  Neither
solution seems all that great, and if you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

By the way -- the getServletContext().getRealPath("/") was fantastic.
Thanks for that tip.

/**
 * Robin Curts
 * rcurts@robincurts.com