tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.3 and JRE 1.5.0 on linux
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:48:08 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:32:51 +0200, Marc Logemann <> wrote:
>>i am feeling a little bit silly to ask, but i have to ;-)
>>I installed JRE 1.5.0 and Tomcat 5.5.3 on linux, set the JAVA_HOME
>>to the JRE location and started tomcat with ./catalina start
>>Then i got the "point to a JDK not a JRE" error. I checked the
>> and there is a paragraph that checks for javac and
>>stuff. Do i miss something here? There must be some straightforward
>>explanation for this, because i dont think the is from
>>an old tomcat distro ;-)
> I think nobody updated the shell scripts yet (either for Unix or
> Windows). If you do hack them a little, it will work.

thanks for pointing out. Of course its not very hard to do it, in fact i
just removed the checks for javac and jdb and it runs like a charm. I
somehow havent believed that the scripts are not updated yet and
searched for the error on my site.

Marc Logemann

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: