tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Þór Hübner <>
Subject Re: AS/400 DB2
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:54:56 GMT

To continue with what Chris Egolf said, in my experience, you must get this driver from the
exact distribution of the AS400 / ISeries
machine, because it will not work if they are not of the same version as the database.
There are other drivers available such as the Datadirect ones, and I think Merant/DataDirect
should be able to answer this question via
customer support. Keep in mind, that the DB2 for ISeries and As400 is quite different from
the DB2 for windows/unix (sometimes showing very
different behaviour).
hope it helps,

Chris Egolf wrote:

> Have you tried the JT400 jdbc driver from IBM?
> That's the only JDBC driver I know of that works with DB2 on the
> AS/400.  Your connection string would look then look like this:
> "jdbc:as400://serverName"
> and the driver class name is
> sudip shrestha wrote:
>> Hi !
>> I am trying to connect to an AS/400 DB2 via IBM DataDirect JDBC
>> Driver....Wondering if anybody has any experience with this.
>> You have to specify a location and collectionId attribute.  My url
>> connection string looks like this:
>> "jdbc:datadirect:db2://serverName:50000;Location=nameOfDatabase;CollectionId=DEFAULT;"

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message