tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <mailing-tomcat-u...@schoenhaber.de>
Subject Re: error-page exception-type
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:46:40 GMT
François Richard wrote:
> I have a beginning of answer, the guilty could be Internet Explorer 6.0 ...
> The redirection works fine with Firefox and mozilla.
>
> Anyone no why ? Anyone have this working on IE6 ?

Does redirection really not happen or is the error page simply not shown
by IE? IE ignores the page content sent by the server and display it's
own error page, if the HTTP status-code isn't 2xx and "Internet Settings
/ Advanced / Show short HTTP error messages" is selected (I'm not sure
whether the name of the option is exactly right, since I don't use an
English windows - but you'll get the point, I hope).