tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fran├žois Richard <frich...@sofice.fr>
Subject Re: error-page exception-type
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:42:54 GMT
I have a beginning of answer, the guilty could be Internet Explorer 6.0 ...
The redirection works fine with Firefox and mozilla.

Anyone no why ? Anyone have this working on IE6 ?

Streve >
1) In my case the problem is the same with the redirection error-code,
like :
    <error-page>
        <error-code>404</error-code>
        <location>/pagesErreur/404.jsp</location>
    </error-page>
2) yes, same problem ...

Steve Kirk wrote:

>I've had similar problems myself (not fully answered yet).  Here's a couple
>of issues that I found:
>
>1. Check the exception messages / stack traces in your browser and logfiles
>carefully to make sure that droit.jsp is not itself throwing a second
>exception when trying to display the DroitsException that "called" it.
>
>2. does droits.jsp contain this line?
>    <%@page isErrorPage="true"%>

       <location>/pagesError/droits.jsp</location>
>>    </error-page>
>>
>>The jsp are well-compiled but the broswer display an error
>>message (HTTP
>>500). The start of the DroitsException (jsp, servlet ...) is
>>unimportant
>>the problem is the same.
>>Notice that the redirection works fine with servlet and 'directory
>>listing' :
>>    <error-page>
>>
>><exception-type>com.sofice.commun.securite.DroitsException</exception-type>
       <location>/servlet/test</location>
>>    </error-page>
>>    <error-page>
>><exception-type>com.sofice.commun.securite.DroitsException</exception-type>
       <location>/pagesError/</location>