tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Undefined hosts being directed to localhost
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:44:21 GMT
Or as I've seen, kiddies on the internet are looking for an open proxy
to hide their tracks or get past firewall rules.  I just make sure my
server is properly configured not to proxy and ignore it.

What they really get from a properly configured server is either (a) a
404 if the requested resource doesn't exist on the local server, or (b)
the local server's version of that resource if it exists.  In the case
of requesting the home page of www.yahoo.com, they actually get my
site's homepage instead.

--David